Monday, February 12, 2007

Thoughts from this Sunday

The sermon this Sunday had a convicting impact on me (which is always good!). It was when we went over the passage in Galatians. (Galatians 5:19-25)

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.


It made me think about how I act at work around my co-workers (most of which aren't saved). It made me feel ashamed at my latest actions. I have become too worldy at work. I praise God for opening my eyes to this. I will be working and praying on this over the next few weeks.

I pray that I can turn this around.

No comments: