Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It has been a while...

I noticed that all of my posts were really me complaining about one thing or another. So, over the past few months, I've taken a break from a lot of things.

A lot has happened since then. The greatest thing is that we have decided to close Silver Maple School next year. Both of our children will be entering (or re-entering) the public school system. We didn't come to this decision lightly. Both John and I have prayed about this matter many times, and we feel as though we've received the answer to our prayer.

Now comes the wait game. Both children are enrolled, and we will be attempting to place them in a school of our choosing over the next few months. I have a strong feeling that God will open the right doors for us.

I've come to realize that every Christian is given a different path to walk. Ours, for a short time, was the path of homeschooling. Never during our time homeschooling did I feel like we were doing this for similar reasons that other homeschooling friends are doing it. Over the past year and a half, I have heard countless numbers of women talk about how they HS because of "_____" (fill in the blank). Although I would nod and smile politely, I could never said "oh, us, too!" because I knew it would be false.

Simply put, we chose to homeschool because we felt the calling at that time. We were in a bad situation with our daughter and the school she was in. God gave us a solution for the few years we needed it. Now, He's giving us a solution for the next few years.

I know that we will be facing much scrutiny from the homeschooling community when we let everyone know. It's almost as bad as when we told friends a few years ago that we were starting to homeschool. I suppose there are extremists on either side.

But, I have peace about this decision, and I am excited for my children and this next chapter of their lives. So, here's to our final semester of homeschooling. May it be the best it could ever be!

No comments: