Friday, December 01, 2006

How do you say...

"you're going to hell" to some of your closest friends?

I am at such a loss right now for words...or thoughts of encouragement. And then it dons on me.. That's the problem "thoughts of encouragement...words" << those feelings..that kind of thinking..that is what is trapping so many of my friends ..condeming them to an eternity in hell.

The "I can fix it" mantra...and the perversion of God's plan for salvation..morphing it into some kind of after dinner mint idea that we can earn our way into heaven... That's what I see many of my friends deluding themselves into believing.

I know what I should do. I should trust God. I should trust that He will provide me with the strength and the words to proclaim the Truth to my friends. I shouldn't allow fear to overcome me. I know I shouldn't ...I know I need to pray.

If you read this..please pray for me in this area of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In dealing with my parents for the last 12 years, I'm not sure their is a way to say this that avoids hostility, unless the Lord grants repentance. What has always helped me is remembering that the UNLOVING thing to do is actally to NOT tell them about the dangers of hell.